Okay so, who doesn’t love to have some fine macaroons? No one raises their hands to please! Macaroon is life…
This French dessert is not only a delight to the taste buds but also greatly acclaimed for its freshness and radiant beauty to the eyes! A single bite!… One single bite in a French Macaroon is enough to let the good mood seep in. But what if you’re having a really bad day and it’s raining outside. No time to lose in going to the confectionary store. Make your own macaroons today. We’re here, bringing you the best recipe for Macaroons, along with tips and tricks to help you through the process of making it the best!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Macaroons Cookie
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ¾ Cup
- Almond Flour – 1 Cup
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- 3 Egg Whites
- Granulated Sugar – ¼ Cup
- Vanilla Extract (As usual) – ½ Teaspoon
- Food Colouring
Ingredients You’ll Need For Vanilla Buttercream Filling
- Unsalted Butter – 2 Sticks / 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar – 3 Cups
- Vanilla Extract – 1 Teaspoon
- Heavy Cream – 3 Tablespoons
Let’s Start Cooking!
- Mix the dry ingredients in a food processor. The finer your ingredients will be, the smoother macaroon cookies will be made!
Tip: Once you’ve mixed everything in food processor, consider sieving. This incorporates air and removes any lumps.
- Beat your egg whites along with the salt until they only translucent. As soon as the froth begins appearing, grab your sugar and start mixing it in three batches. Once you’ve added all the sugar, keep beating until you get soft peaks.
Tip: Let the egg whites rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before whisking. This creates a fluffier meringue. If your soft peaks fall over, you’ll need to keep mixing until the cream peaks are firm.
Pro Move: Grab the bowl and flip it over your head! If the eggs are good, they won’t fall.
- Add vanilla extracts and food colouring without mixing a lot.
- Add a third of the dry ingredients in the wet ingredients. You would be folding not mixing during this step. Follow by the remaining batches and once you notice your batter looks like wet sand, you’re good to go!
Tip: Try making an 8 shape with your spatula. If you’ve successfully made the shape without the batter breaking, it’s perfect!
- Fill your piping bag with the batter and pipe small dots 1 ½ inches wide. Once you’re done, drop the tray a few times and let them rest for 60mins. Off they’re going in an oven at 300 degrees Celsius for 17 minutes.
While you’re waiting for the baking, why not try some equally delectable slot games at Robin Hood Bingo? With Snack Time Slot available, treat yourself with some sweets while preparing some sweet treats!
- Once it’s baked, let them cool down totally!
Let’s Make The Filling!
- Mix the butter for one minute until they get really nice and fluffy.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and beat until the sugar is fully incorporated
- Add vanilla essence and add the cream one spoon at a time.
- Once the cream is ready, pipe it in a bag and make a sandwich with two macaroon cookies.
- Let it sit for 24 hours and Macaroons ready!
Yes ladies and gents! You’ve just made the perfect macaroons… don’t forget to share your experiences and the recipe with your friends. Sharing is caring!