We all know how expensive weddings can be, and we all know how important it can be to cut costs in every way possible. One of the easiest ways that you can cut costs on your wedding is by designing your own invites online. In the past, you had to pay someone else to create a formal invite that may or may not have hit the mark in conveying the style of the bride and groom. They’re often too formal, or too kitschy. However, now you can really make it your own and save a lot of money at the same time. If you’re not really sure how it works, here is how to create custom wedding invites on your computer.
- Use computer software that allows you to create graphics – you want to use this software as your base for creating your invites. These software programs allow you the opportunity to create text and image based graphics, which can be turned into invites. This way, your invites will be very personal, and your invited guests will immediately notice your signature. When it comes to your wedding, you want everything to feel authentic.
- Know if you are going to be printing the invite – when you are making custom wedding invitations, you want to know the size and resolution of the graphics you are creating. In most cases, you will need to create a graphic that is within a certain color code too – depending on the type of printer that will be outputting the invite. So be sure to look into all of your parameters before you get started.
- If you are sending the invites via email and you are not printing them out, you may want to use a service like My Digital Wedding to facilitate the distribution of the invite. All you have to do is create the invite on the platform and then enter the email addresses. It’s super easy, and you don’t have to go through the arduous process of emailing all of your friends to ask for their physical addresses. In any case, people rarely mail back the RSVP anyway.
- Start gathering email addresses – no matter what, you may want to send an invite via email as well, so you want to gather your friends’ and families’ email addresses. It may take some digging or exportation of your email list, but it will be worth it if you want to make sure all the right people are invited to your wedding. In the end, great weddings require great company.
- If you are sending the invite via email, you want to make sure the graphic is a small enough size to fit in an email – some heavy graphics may not fit in an email or may look strange when you send them. This comes back to checking your parameters before you get started. If the graphic is too large, and thus too heavy, people may never see it, especially if they don’t have the best computer or high speed internet.