If you’re planning a trip to Mexico, and don’t have the money to plan your trip through Happy Gringo Travel, then you might want to just do a little research to determine exactly what kind of experience will really strike your fancy. There’s nothing like a tropical Mexican vacation, and there are so many incredible towns to choose from. Mexico is a vast country and every little town has its own unique personality, and its own rich history. If you’re completely unsure of where to start your search, here are five great beaches to visit in Mexico.
- Cabo San Lucas. If you’re taking a vacation in Mexico with your lover, then you’re definitely going to want to visit the Playa del Amor in Cabo San Lucas. This romantic beach was first made popular by many of the American movie stars of the 1970s who wanted to take a vacation after a few long months shooting films and attending press junkets. In the 1980s, several fancy hotel resorts started popping up, and the rest, as they say, is history.
- Acapulco is known as the “Pearl of the Pacific” and was considered the go-to Mexican destination for the celebrities of the 1950s. Attracting the likes of Frank Sinatra, Liz Taylor, and President John F. Kennedy, the beaches of Acapulco were a very glamorous place to be. Enjoy dancing to the live music at many of its nightclubs, eating some of the best ceviche in the world, and relax all day on the amber sands of the beach.
- Cancun is a magical place that offers you the true experience of paradise at a rate that is more affordable than most tropical beach locations. This incredible island that is shaped like the number seven is the perfect getaway for those who want an all-inclusive resort with a low-key, casual atmosphere. You can see acrobatic dance performances and visit ancient Mayan ruins, or go parasailing over the beautiful sands of the Yucatan peninsula.
- If you have a serious passion for yoga, then Tulum is definitely the vacation spot for you in Mexico. Over the past ten years it has become one of the most popular destinations along the Yucatan peninsula, as it offers some of the most exquisite tours of the Mayan ruins, as well as a series of underwater caves. If you are a luxury traveler, this is the ideal location for you.
- Playa del Carmen. As far as beaches in Mexico go, the Playa del Carmen has a little bit for everybody. From casual, everyday fare, to exquisite haute cuisine, you can find a wide range of food that will suit any budget. In addition, you can find cheaper lodging in town, or stay at one of the luxury, all-inclusive resorts. It’s often compared to Nice, the swanky Mediterranean town off the southern coast of France due to its charming public square just steps from the beach.