Whatever the destination, the travel conditions, the duration, the budget or the reasons, there are fundamental aspects to take into account when traveling. Because although our attention is mostly focused on the incredible places we want to visit and the different activities that call us, all this can be seen spoiled if we overlook small but very important details. We have 5 fabulous and simple travel tips for your entertainment.
- First and foremost: It will sound trite, but we remind you because it is a fundamental aspect to continue planning a trip. If you have a definite destination and you can reserve dates safely, do not hesitate to buy your tickets with time. This allows you to find the best prices, dates and flight times. Of course, keep in mind that the best fare in the tickets usually has the most severe penalties, so if you do not have a defined space of free time, let’s continue with the following advice.
- Customs and traditions: It is not enough to know exactly what the tourist attractions of a place are and to plan your visit; it is very important and enriching to know a little about its history, culture and customs. After a few readings and conversations in forums, you can get an idea of what to expect in terms of people’s attitude and how your behavior should be, if you want to feel welcome and have good relationships wherever you go.
- Best lodging option: No matter if you book early or prefer to look for it on the spot, it is best to be clear to which area you want to arrive and what are the alternatives. This will depend on the type of trip you make (business, entertainment, cultural, ecotourism, etc.), but it is always better to have a clear idea of where the places you are going to hang out and find a hotel safe and with easy transportation.
- The “art” of packing: It is not easy, since we always end up carrying more than we need, leaving the indispensable at home and using an inadequate suitcase. With practice this is improving, and may even be that many prefer that over which is missing, but what if can ruin the ride is to carry an uncomfortable baggage. Again, it depends on the type of trip: if you travel by tour or for business, a suitcase with good wheels, spacious and appropriate for your height, will suffice. If on the other hand, you travel on your own and you plan to move a lot, the best is a strong, comfortable backpack with several pockets and you can load on your back and reinforce your waist so it does not generate muscle discomfort.
- Take care of your health at all times: It is important to keep this in mind even before the trip, during planning. Many exotic destinations require the application of certain vaccines, others leave as a suggestion, so it will depend on your health status, defenses and the level of prevention you need to be calm. On the other hand, if you take some kind of medicine, it is important that you take a little more than the usual dose or be sure to get it, in case there is any setback. In matters of food and drinks, only you know your metabolism and how it reacts to changes. It is not necessary to always visit expensive places to ensure quality and hygiene, but that yes, avoid taking water from the key and eating frequently on the street.