Running a restaurant is difficult, and if you can afford the consultation of an agency like The Gilkey Restaurant Consulting Group, you’re going to have to do a little research on your own. There are several ways that you can promote your business and you can find a lot of those brilliant ideas for free. If you have no idea where to start, here are five effective restaurant promotion ideas.
- Boost your social media presence. One of the best ways to get your restaurant business out there these days is through social media. If you have a strong social media presence, you can get a lot of hip, young adults coming in for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You want to post pictures of some of your more popular menu items, as well as ambient lifestyle photos of your restaurant. Show people what the patio looks like at sunset, or pictures of cocktails being shaken up at the bar. Social media is great because you can advertise happy hour specials, while simultaneously giving people a clear idea of the vibe they can expect to enjoy in your restaurant.
- Have a winning appetizer. One of the best ways to boost sales in your restaurant is to have a winning appetizer. A signature appetizer is great because it not only encourages your dinner crowd to order more than just entrees, but it attracts the people who just want to come in at happy hour for drinks and a few bites to share. In the end, every good restaurant should have that signature appetizer that leaves you salivating the moment you think of its name. If you don’t have one of those, it’s time to get one.
- Be a part of the community festivities. If there is a certain holiday that is particularly popular in your community, or a sports team that everyone is excited about, you want to make that a part of your restaurant. If you’re a sports bar, you want to announce to your patrons that you are playing all the games that your local team is playing in the season on your TVs, and you want to cover your restaurant in decorations that celebrate that team.
- Host some kind of regular event. If you want to have loyal customers who come back to your restaurant for years to come, it’s important to get them excited about coming in. If you have some kind of weekly or monthly musical performance, you can really develop a following, but it’s all about knowing your main demographic of customers. If you own a deli, you may want to have a klezmer band perform in your restaurant on a regular basis. Just be sure you are catering to your clientele.
- Cater events. Another great way to promote your business and make a little extra money is by catering events within your community. You can choose several items from your menu that are easy to make in bulk and that travel well, and then hire a team of caterers to take them to different locations throughout your community. This is a great way to guarantee large sales and get your name out to large groups of people who may have otherwise never known about your business.